....................................... photo Home_zps9d0fe5e3.gif photo About-Me_zpsc81276fa.gif photo PR-Disclaimer_zps1659fe86.gif

Thursday 27 June 2013

My Birthday !

Hello my lovelies !

So, seeing as I celebrated my twentieth birthday on Monday, I thought I’d tell you guys about how I spent my day and show you the gifts that I received ! Just a little reminder that I’m in no way bragging by doing this post – personally, I love seeing all the lovely gifts that other people receive for their birthdays, so I figured that you guys might like to see what I got !  




Most of the gifts that I received are from my amazing boyfriend, Calum – my parents gave me money towards going on holiday (as well as a few little bits and pieces that I had been eyeing up) because there wasn’t anything in particular that I had asked them for, so they weren’t really sure what to get for me ! I won’t go into massive details about everything that I got – there isn’t really a great deal to say about some of the little things ! (How much can you say about a DVD ?!). So, with that out of the way, let’s get started ! 




The first gift that I received, which I’ve wanted for the longest time, is the Tangle Teezer ! I have fairly fine hair, which means that it gets damaged easily if I’m not super careful when I’m brushing and styling it. The Tangle Teezer is a god-send – it glides through wet hair and untangles it without pulling, tugging or breaking it. I have pretty long hair, so protecting it from damage, particularly when it’s wet, is my main priority, and the Tangle Teezer does this effortlessly – amazing ! 




Next, I received the Real Techniques ‘Core Collection’ brushes. I’d had my eye on these brushes for so long but I’d never gotten around to buying them, so I was super excited when I opened these ! The kit contains four brushes:
          · The detailer brush, which is ideal for applying concealer.
          ·  The pointed foundation brush (speaks for itself !).
          ·  The buffing brush, which can be used to apply liquid or powder foundation for a flawless look.
          ·  The contour brush, which can be used to apply highlighter, as well as contouring.

The brushes also come in a case, which doubles up as a stand ! The brushes are super lightweight and the bristles are lovely and soft – I can’t wait to try them out and let you guys know what I think !  




I also received the Rocket Volum’ Express Mascara from Maybelline ! I’d read a lot about this mascara so I was happy to finally get my hands on it! The new ‘Supersonic Brush’, which is fairly chunky and coated in tiny, soft bristles, promises sleek, voluminous lashes with zero clumps – I have to say, it definitely delivered on that promise ! The mascara made my lashes look super long and defined, with no clumps in sight ! Despite the name, I wouldn’t say that the mascara provides much volume, but the length that it adds to your lashes definitely makes up for it !




I’ve been looking for the perfect highlighter for so long, so I was super grateful to receive High Beam by Benefit ! I like to apply the formula to my brow and cheek bones, which gives me a radiant, glowing complexion ! High Beam is definitely a pricier product, but a little goes a long way – perfect if you’re looking to treat yourself !




I also received these super cute t-shirts ! The ‘I love NY’ t-shirt is a crop top from River Island, the Batman t-shirt is also from River Island, and the Wonder Woman top (my personal favourite !) is from an online brand called Junk Food.



I’d been looking for new jeans for the longest time – I had a specific colour in my head that I wanted but I couldn’t find a pair anywhere ! Anyhow, my boyfriend eventually found this pair in River Island – finally, the perfect colour ! I’d describe them as being a dark, faded denim colour, and they have some tiny stud detailing on the back pockets. I can’t wait to wear them !



So, to finish off, I’ll show you guys a few little bits and pieces that I received. I got Wreck-it Ralph on blu-ray, which I was super excited about (how good is that film ?!). I also got Spirited Away, which I had wanted for a while – I’d seen it on T.V a few times and loved it ! And last but not least, I received The Hobbit on blu-ray – I loved seeing this at the cinema, can’t wait to watch it again !



So, you’re probably wondering who these little guys are from my first picture. I’m about to go into my third year of a Human Biology degree, so I’m a bit of a self-confessed science geek… So, if like me you love all things science-y, you’ll love these ! These are the ‘Giant Plush Microbes’ from an online company called Think Geek. These little fellas are small, cuddly toys in the shape of MRSA… With capes ! I warned you that I was a geek…

So, there you have it ! I had a great day, and I received so many lovely gifts, which I’m super grateful for ! And, to top it all off, my boyfriend and I went out for dinner at night –I finally had my first ever Nando’s (jumping on the bandwagon late, I know !). If you guys would like to know more about anything that I received, just let me know ! I’d be more than happy to chat with you guys.
See you all next time !

Much love,

 

20 comments :

  1. Great post! I really want to get a tangle teezer, they sound so good.

    followed you on bloglovin :)

    www.sisterswhoshop1023.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it, they work wonders on your hair !
      Thanks so much, I've followed you back ! :)

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete
  2. I have a tangle teezer, mines pink tho!

    Oh gosh I need that batman top haha, I'm addicted to batman!

    Shonaelizabeth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool ! Aw, me too, haha. It looks great on, too !

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete
  3. Aw, I'm glad you had such a fantastic birthday! And to think if you were living here in the US, you'd STILL be under the legal age to drink!

    I'm so jealous of your Tangle Teezer! I'm going to have to find a way to import it as I can't get it out of my head! Glad you love it! And that Wonder Woman shirt is to die for! So fantastic! I saw a WW shirt recently that was basically her costume and it literally had a mini cape attached to the back! I was in love! Also, Think Geek is such a fantastic site! I think I could blow all my money there! x

    Megan @ Little Miss Average

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much ! I know, haha !

      Yeah, it's great ! Have you tried looking on Amazon ? They sell -loads- of them on there, they might have them on the American site !
      Wow, that sounds fab ! I love Wonder Woman, she's great !
      I know, me too ! There's so many things that I look at on that site and just instantly want !

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday Sarah! I hope that you had an amazing one!

    I LOVE think geek! I usually go onto the site and drool over the doctor who products! The tangle teezer is amazing! I have a knockoff so I cant wait to get my hands on an authentic one! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much ! I had a great day :).

      Me too ! I just love how much cute science-y stuff they have, haha. The Tangle Teezer is brilliant, You should definitely look into getting a real one, you won't regret it !

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete
  5. I love Spirited Away. I first watched in in Cantonese, which was an experience! You'll love the Tangle Teezer! x

    Adrienne | Late Night Nonsense

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's great ! Haha, I can imagine !
      I'm loving it so far, it's so gentle on my hair !

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete
  6. lovely blog!

    Charlotte x

    http://www.thebeautybuck.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh, great post! I've heard great things about the benefit high beam highlighter! Also to real techniques core collection is lovely! I adore mine and have for a couple f months. The buffing brush is my fav...

    xxTasma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you !
      High Beam is great, not only does it look great on your skin, but you only need to use a tinyyy amount !
      The buffing brush is my favourite too !

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete
  8. Oh I'd love a tangle teaser!
    Great blog
    Check mine out thepowderednose.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely look into them, they're totally worth the money !
      Thanks !

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete
  9. Happy belated birthday! I'm jealous of your Real Techniques brushes, I only have one so far and it's amazzzing!
    http://lemonadebudget.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much ! You should definitely try out the core collection, the brushes are great and they're such good value for money !

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete
  10. Grea post !I really have to get the real technique brushes, both of pixiwoo are amazing.

    followed you on bloglovin!

    if you could check out my blog i would really appreciate it.

    thankyou, Emily

    http://emilou140597.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much ! Yeah, you should try them out, they're really good !

      Thank you, I'll head over to your blog now !

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete