....................................... photo Home_zps9d0fe5e3.gif photo About-Me_zpsc81276fa.gif photo PR-Disclaimer_zps1659fe86.gif

Sunday 8 September 2013

Review | St. Ives Apricot Scrub!


                                       

                                       

Hello, lovelies!
I hope you’re all well! I can’t believe that it’s Sunday already, where has this week gone?! So, today I’m going to be doing a little review of my latest favourite skin care product for you all!

As some of you guys will know, I was recently away on holiday. I always find packing an absolute nightmare, especially when it comes to toiletries! I can never decide on which products I absolutely need to take, and which can be left at home, so I always end up taking a lot of products that I don’t really need and end up not using – which means that not everything fits in my wash bag! So, this year I decided to buy quite a few mini products so that I could take everything that I wanted away with me – why didn’t I think of doing that years ago?! – and this little beauty happened to be one of my favourites!  


St. Ives is a brand that I’ve heard a lot about, but I’d never actually tried out any of their products, so when I saw this cute little tube, I just had to pick it up! The ‘Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Scrub’ (quite a title!) gently exfoliates away any dry surface skin cells, leaving your skin looking healthy and radiant – as well as super smooth! The scrub is suitable for all skin types and it’s oil free, which is great news if you already have slightly oilier skin!
I’ve no idea why it’s taken me so long to try out the St. Ives products – I’ve only been using this scrub for around three weeks now and I’m already in love! As someone who has fairly sensitive skin, I often find it difficult to find a good deep cleanser that isn’t too harsh on my skin. For the past few months I’ve been using the Clearasil ‘Vitamins and Minerals Scrub’, which leaves my skin looking super radiant and smooth, but it was just far too big to take on holiday! The Clearasil scrub has lots of tiny ‘beads’ in its formula to help with exfoliation, whereas the St. Ives scrub has an almost ‘gritty’ consistency – I was worried that this might be too harsh for my skin, so I was pleasantly surprised by how gentle it felt when I massaged it into my face!


The main reason that I had been using the Clearasil scrub was that it claimed to unblock and reduce the size of pores. I have fairly large pores around my nose and chin which I feel pretty self-conscious about, especially when I’m not wearing make-up, so I really wanted a product that would shrink them, or at least make them less visible. The St. Ives scrub doesn’t have any mention of pore unblocking on the packaging, but after using the scrub for about a week, I was surprised to find that it had actually made a really noticeable difference to the size of the pores on my nose and chin. They definitely look smaller and much less visible, which I’m super happy about! Oh, and not only has the scrub made a big difference to my skin, but it also smells amazing too – what more could you ask for?!

So, there you have it! I’m really excited to try out more of the St. Ives products, seeing as I’ve been so impressed with this scrub! In case you guys were wondering, I picked up the St. Ives scrub at Asda for around £1.50! What products would you guys recommend?

See you all next time!



Much love,
 


14 comments :

  1. Really liked this post - very appealing to me! I've recently been looking for a new facial scrub and the fact you've said it made your pores look smaller and less visible i like A LOT as i have the same issue with pores on my nose! and at a price of £1.50 i may have to go give this a purchase!! Xxxxx

    http://ell-jaye.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lovely! It took about a week for me to start noticing the difference, but it's definitely made my pores look much less visible! I think it's because the formula is quite 'gritty' which makes it really good at exfoliating! Definitely worth trying it out, especially when it's so cheap!

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete
  2. Always loved apricot st ives, smells so good!
    Michelle xo - @shelleymagpie
    www.shelleymagpie.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to use the St. Ives range of scrubs when I was younger and loved them! I think that this may be a little harsh for my skin right now though x

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first St. Ives product that I've tried but I really liked it! I thought it would be too harsh for my skin but it was actually surprisingly gentle :).

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete
  4. I love this scrub - I've also got sensitive skin and thought this would be too harsh but nope it's perfect! Thanks for sending your link over after the #bbloggers chat tonight, fab blog hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's really good! No problem, thanks so much for checking it out!

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete
  5. I heard SO many great things about this particular scrub and it's really a shame we can't get the brand in my country. Even though I'm actually not using mechanical scrubs anymore to avoid the so called micro-wounds, I'd love to try other product from the line!

    ♥, moonchild beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a pity! Have you tried looking on eBay? :)

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete
  6. I used to use the St.Ives Apricot Scrubs all the time as a teenager and I really loved them! In fact, at one point, I'd stocked up on so many of them whilst they were on offer that I had about 10 tubes to get through which took me a long time to do! I think after that, I wanted to try some different products but it's been quite a few years since I last repurchased one of these, so I think it's about time I did so soon. I'll try to be a bit more restrained this time though and just pick up one!

    I really like your blog & I'm following via Bloglovin, GFC and Twitter. I'm also a budget focused beauty blogger and I'd love it if you came to visit my blog sometime too :-) xx

    The Miss Beauty Saver Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 10 tubes?! Haha, you must have really loved it! Ooh, you'll need to let me know which one you get! I really want to try out some more St. Ives products but I'm not really sure where to start!

      Thanks so much, that's so sweet of you! I'm heading over to your blog right now! :)

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete
  7. I'm also "blessed" with larger pores, and heard a bunch of positive opinions about it, but this brand is kinda hard to get in my country :) loved this post! Now, I'm on a hunt :)
    http://la-creme-chantilly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain! It's really good, have you tried looking on eBay for it? :)
      Thank you!

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete