....................................... photo Home_zps9d0fe5e3.gif photo About-Me_zpsc81276fa.gif photo PR-Disclaimer_zps1659fe86.gif

Saturday 22 June 2013

Revlon | 'Just Bitten' lipstain.

Hey everyone ! I wasn't sure what my first proper blog post should be about, so I decided to tell you guys about a product that I picked up on a whim and ended up falling in love with – the ‘Just Bitten’ lipstains by Revlon !

I love wearing bright lip colours when I’m out and about, whether I’m going out to dinner or to the cinema, or just meeting up with some friends – I feel like a bright lip colour instantly brightens up my face and livens up even the simplest of make-up looks. However, I hate having to constantly touch-up my lip colour and worry about it smudging or transferring on to my teeth while I’m out – nightmare ! So, I began my search for a longer lasting lip colour, and that’s when I came across these lipstains !


I had never tried a lipstain before, but after trying the Just Bitten lipstains, I've no idea why I waited so long ! For starters, there were so many pretty colours to choose from – I literally had no idea where to begin ! In the end, I decided on the shades ‘Victorian’ and ‘Crave’.  




Going by the packaging, ‘Crave’ appears to be a bright purplish-pink colour, whereas ‘Victorian’ looks to be a dark pink. However, when I swatched the colours, both were a little darker than expected. This wasn't a problem though – both colours were still gorgeous !


'Crave' - left. 'Victorian' - right.
.

The product itself looks a lot like a felt tip/marker pen, which I thought was rather cool ! It also has a lip balm on the end to keep your lips feeling moisturised whilst wearing the stain. It’s super easy to apply – I like to exfoliate my lips and apply a little of the balm before I apply the lipstain, otherwise the stain creeps in to all the tiny cracks on your lips and leaves them looking very chapped – never a nice look ! Then I like to line my lips with the stain, just to make sure that I don’t go outside my lip line when I’m filling my lips in – it’s very difficult to get off of your skin ! Finally, I simply fill in the rest of my lips, and, voila – beautiful, bright lips! You can also apply a little of the balm after the stain has dried to keep your lips from feeling dried out.





The lipstains are extremely long lasting – just what I wanted ! I wore the shade ‘Crave’ out to dinner a few weeks ago and didn't have to reapply it at all, even after eating ! The balm is also a great part of the product – with certain bright lip colours, particularly lipsticks, I find that my lips get very dried out and cracked, but the balm really helps to keep your lips hydrated (and it doesn't take away from the matte effect of the lipstain!).  The only downside to the product is that it’s fairly hard to remove.  I mean, it is a lip stain after all! I find that leaving Vaseline or baby oil on my lips for around ten minutes then removing with a make-up wipe helps to remove most of the product, but it’s definitely still visible on my lips the next day. Nevertheless, I still absolutely love this product ; it’s bright, vibrant, and long lasting – precisely what I was looking for ! 




I can’t wait to try out some different lipstains – let me know what your favourite lipstain is, I’d love to check it out ! You can buy the Revlon ‘Just Bitten’ lipstain for around £7.99 from any high street drug store, such as Superdrug or Boots, however, I got mine online from Fragrance Direct (http://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk/) for only £1.75 ! I purchased mine a few months ago now so I’m not sure how many colours will be left in stock, but if you’re interested in this product, you should definitely check it out – great deal !
See you all next time !


Much love, 



14 comments :

  1. Welcome to blogging lovely!! :)

    I've never seen these you know - that may sound crazy haha, but I do love the Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain variety and may have to look into these, especially as they're such a bargain omg!

    Holly Mixtures
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much ! :)

    It took me a while to discover them too, haha ! Oh, I really want to try the Just Bitten Kissable stains, I love the really bright pink one !

    I got mine a while ago now but you should definitely check them out on Fragrance Direct, there should still be some left !

    Much love, Sarah.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colour of 'crave'! I am totally going to go buy one of these! Thank you!

    Amy :) x

    cloudcaitlin24.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too ! It's one of my favourite bright lip colours ! Glad you liked the post. :)

    Much love, Sarah.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I picked up one of these when they first came out. I picked up the colour Flame which they no longer do, I have to say the new colours are great especially Crave - looks right up my street.

    I will have to check this out on payday!

    Ellie

    xx

    www.littlered26.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I've never tried that one ! Crave is a lovely colour, I was worried that it might not look the same on the lips as it does in the packaging but it's definitely just as bright !

    Much love, Sarah.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are lovely! I haven't tried them, but I have tried the Just Bitten Kissable chubby stick and it is absolutely fantastic! If the stain is as good, then I'll definitely need to pick up a few! I'd probably want one in a plum color if they have it! x

    Megan @ Little Miss Average

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've wanted to try out the Just Bitten Kissable sticks for so long, I absolutely love the super bright pink colour !
    The stain is fab, it's really easy to apply and it really does stay on all day, you don't have to worry about reapplying it ! They have -loads- of colours, I'm sure you'll be able to pick up one in plum !

    Much love, Sarah.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bright pink color is exactly the one I bought! It is called Sweetheart! It is such a perfect summer color and it is really moisturizing! I love it and I think you will, too! I'll have to grab one of the stains next time I go to the store! x

      Megan @ Little Miss Average

      Delete
    2. Oh, thanks, I never knew what it was called ! Definitely going to try it out, it's such a lovely colour !

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete
  9. Ooh I haven’t seen this before. Sounds really good though from your review. Great pictures and I just wanted to say I love your blog too. xxx
    http://www.heroineinheels.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they're great ! The colours are so bright and they last all day :).
      Aw, thanks so much ! That means a lot to me !
      Your blog looks fantastic, loved reading through it - you have so many great posts to read ! I've followed you on bloglovin' :).

      Also, just wanted to say, you look absolutely stunning in your graduation ball pictures !

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete
  10. Cant complain at all for that price, they are both gorgeous shades as well. Lovely post :)
    Kirsty x

    Prettybugblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they're super cheap! They do lots of lovely shades too! :)
      Thank you!

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete