....................................... photo Home_zps9d0fe5e3.gif photo About-Me_zpsc81276fa.gif photo PR-Disclaimer_zps1659fe86.gif

Monday 22 July 2013

Beauty Blogger Tag !



Hello there, my lovelies !
A few days ago, I was tagged by the lovely Ellie from Little Red  to do the Beauty Blogger tag ! So, before we get started, I’d like to say a huge thank you to Ellie for nominating me ! I haven’t done a tag before, so I figured that it’d be a fun post for me to do, and it’d be something a little different for you guys to read too ! Enjoy ! 

1. Name a beauty routine you barely do.

I rarely apply foundation. It’s not that I don’t own different foundations, or don’t know how to apply them, I just feel that I don’t really need it on a daily basis. I’m blessed with fairly clear skin (I get the occasional spot and blemish, but nothing super bad), so I don’t really need the coverage that foundation gives. I usually just use a concealer and set it with a powder if I’m going out during the day, and on days that I need a little more coverage, I like to use a BB cream. Obviously I’ll wear foundation if I’m going out at night, or going somewhere special, but because I have super fair skin, I’m yet to find a foundation that doesn’t look too cakey or orange on my skin to wear during the day – it’s a never ending search !


2. Is washing your makeup brushes something you do regularly ?

I’m embarrassed to admit it, but I don’t wash my makeup brushes as often as I should (it’s gross, I know !). In my defence, I’ve gotten a lot better at remembering to do it over the past year or so, but it’s still such a chore ! I don’t wear makeup every day and so I only use my makeup brushes a few times a week, so I think I use that as an excuse to not wash them as often as I should, haha.



3. How long will you last with chipped nail varnish ?
I can’t really give an honest answer to this one ! I very rarely wear nail polish nowadays because I’m not allowed to wear it at work, and I don’t really see the point in spending time painting my nails just to have to take it off for work a day later ! 


4. How long do you put off buying/replacing a beauty or nail polish product even if you need it ? (i.e. topcoat, foundation and so on).

I’m pretty bad when it comes to putting off buying products that I need. If it’s something that I desperately need, such as deodorant or make-up remover, I’ll just head out and buy it as soon as I can. However, if I need to replace a beauty product that I already have because it’s pretty much finished, I’ll literally squeeze every last drop out of that product and convince myself that I don’t really need a new one, just to save myself time and money – being a student has turned me into a super scrimper !


5. What is your worst beauty habit ?
I’m forever biting/licking my lips without even realising that I’m doing it, so I always end up with super dry, chapped lips – nightmare !



6. Name something non-beauty related that you put off doing all the time.
Coursework. Every time that I get handed a new piece of coursework at uni, I promise myself that I’ll start it way before the deadline so that I don’t end up stressing at the last minute… But I never do. I always leave it until a few weeks before it’s due – I’m the worst procrastinator ever !



7. When going out somewhere, do you leave getting ready until the last minute or not ?
No, I like to start getting ready pretty early if I know I’m going out somewhere. I hate rushing at the last minute and ending up not liking my hair or make-up ! 


 8. Can you commit to spending bans ?

I can ! I’m actually pretty good at saving money and finding the things that I want at a cheaper price, so it’s not often that I actually have to put myself on a ‘spending ban’ ! 


9. How organised are your makeup and nail polish collections ?

I don’t really have much of a nail polish collection, so there isn’t really much to organise ! My nail polishes are just kept in a big make-up bag beside all of my other beauty products. I suppose that my make-up collection is fairly organised. I don’t actually have a huge collection, so all of my different make-up bits and pieces are kept in separate little baskets and boxes. I’d really like to get some of the transparent storage boxes from Muji, they look fab !


10. What is the longest time you’ve gone without writing a blog post ?
Well, I’ve only been blogging for around a month, so I guess that I can’t really answer that properly ! I try to have a new post up every three-four days, but the longest that I’ve left between posts is around a week, which isn’t very long !


So, there you have it ! I hope that you guys enjoyed this post !  As you guys know, the whole point in doing a ‘tag’ post is to tag other bloggers, so I’m nominating…

Shona, from Shona Elizabeth. 
Daphne, from Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life. 
Claire, from The Beauty of This. 
Nikki, from The Lunar Lights. 
and Katie, from Subtle Coral 
(Tag, you're it !)


Let me know what tags you guys have been doing, I’d love to get involved in more tag posts – I had a lot of fun doing this one !


See you all next time !

Much love, 


18 comments :

  1. That's a great post! So interesting to read your answers! I am a pretty bad procrastinator too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much ! I love reading these posts too, always interesting to see peoples' answers. :)
      I know, it's so easily done !

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete
  2. Thanks for tagging me girlie! I procrastinate with school work as well, it's horrible! And I love how much self control you have on spending bans.... xx


    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome ! :) I know, it's so easy just to say 'I'll do it tomorrow' ! Haha, I guess I've always been like that, I just find it super easy to talk myself out of buying things !

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete
  3. Lovely tag :) I will do this on my blog too, seems so much fun to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ! Looking forward to seeing your answers ! :)

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete
  4. Nice tag! I recently did a skincare one if you fancy doing another? :)

    I'm following you on Bloglovin' it would be great if you could follow me back as a fellow newbie!

    Rosie alljustrosie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'll definitely check it out, would love to do some more tags ! :)
      Thanks so much, I'll head over to your blog and follow you back !

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete
  5. What a fun tag! I apply foundation everyday, but I hardly ever wear mascara.




    http://between-friends-fashion.blogspot.com/
    P.S. New Follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ! I'm the complete opposite, haha ! :)
      Thanks for following me too, heading over to your blog now !

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete
  6. Great tag! Love this post x
    I'm following you on bloglovin', please check out my blog xx

    devonabeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lovely !
      Heading over to check out your blog now !

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete
  7. I enjoyed reading this post! Unfortunately I have the same worse beauty habit, licking my lips (in winter it's the worse):
    Lots of Love,
    Catherine
    Vanilla. Fashion. Thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much ! I know, it's horrible ! I don't even realise I'm doing it :(.

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete
  8. awww this looks like a fun tag... i may do it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw you should, it was a lot of fun to do!

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete
  9. I bite my lips too! and they get all chapped and horrible :( we must stop haha xx

    Angelica [One Little Vice]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's such a bad habit :(. We need to!

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete