....................................... photo Home_zps9d0fe5e3.gif photo About-Me_zpsc81276fa.gif photo PR-Disclaimer_zps1659fe86.gif

Thursday 15 August 2013

Budget Beauty Blender!


Hello, my beauties!

I hope that you’re all having a lovely week! I can’t believe that summer’s almost over already, I’m so upset that I’ll be back at uni’ so soon! The past few months have just flown by, where does the time go?!

Over the past few weeks or so, I’ve seen a lot of you ladies asking about the Beauty Blender sponge on twitter. A lot of you guys are keen to know how to use the Beauty Blender properly, and whether or not it works as well as it claims to, but the most common question that I’ve seen being asked is ‘is it worth the money?’ I completely understand why so many of you guys are looking for an answer to this question - £16 is a lot of money for a make-up sponge, especially if you’re on a budget!
Not to worry – I’m going to let you guys in on a little secret! As a ‘budget beauty blogger’, I’m always looking for a bargain, and I certainly found one when I stumbled across this Beauty Blender Dupe! After reading a tonne of rave reviews, I’d had my eye on the Beauty Blender for a while, but as someone who had never really been into make-up sponges, I just couldn’t justify parting with £16 for one! So, desperate to get my hands on one, I decided to go on a little hunt for a dupe! (Apologies in advance for my sponge being a little dirty in the following pictures – I wash it after every use but it’s gotten a little stained because I use it so often!).


Seeing as I’m a total eBay addict (seriously, I’m so obsessed with all of the super cheap auctions on there – please tell me that it’s not just me?!), I decided to start by checking for Beauty Blenders on there, and, within seconds, I found exactly what I was looking for! This little sponge is almost identical to the actual Beauty Blender. It’s the exact same hot pink colour, and the same teardrop shape – the only difference is the price! This little beauty only cost me £1.25, compared to £16 for the real thing – bargain!
It’s not just the price that’s fab either! The sponge itself is absolutely brilliant! Because of the super low price, I expected the sponge to be made of quite cheap, low quality material, but when I received it, I was surprised to find that it was actually really soft and smooth!


In terms of applying make-up, the sponge does a fantastic job. In all honesty, it’s become my favourite way to apply my foundation! Before you use the sponge, make sure to give it a little rinse under the tap and squeeze out any excess water. This makes the sponge expand to almost twice its normal size, which means that it has a greater surface area for you to apply your foundation with, and it also stops it from absorbing too much of your foundation, meaning that you won’t be wasting product! I like to pump a little of my foundation on to the back on my hand, dip the sponge in (make sure that you don’t get too much product!), and simply dab/bounce the sponge over my face and neck! Not only does the shape of the sponge make it super easy to use, but it also applies your foundation without leaving any unsightly lines or streaks and leaves your skin looking flawless!


As if all of that isn’t enough, the tip of the sponge is also fab for applying concealer! It really gets into all of those hard-to-reach places, such as under your eyes and around your nose and mouth. It really blends your concealer into your foundation, giving you a flawless complexion – it makes my skin look almost airbrushed! (Really!)
As for cleaning the sponge, it’s super simple. All you need to do is wash it in some warm, soapy water, and then run it under the cold tap, making sure you’ve squeezed out any excess soap. Then, squeeze out any left over water and leave it to dry! Voila!

I really hope that you guys enjoyed this review and found it helpful! If you’re interested in getting your hands on one of these ‘Budget Beauty Blenders’, you can check it out here! Let me know if you decide to try it out, I’d love to hear what you thought! Also, let me know if any of you guys have tried out the real Beauty Blender!

See you all next time!


Much love,

 


24 comments :

  1. I have always been unsure whether to buy one of these or not but you've persuaded me too
    Check out my new blog post please!
    http://katiesworld-ofbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit skeptical when I first bought it! I didn't really expect much from it but it's really good!

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete
  2. I will be on eBay now looking for this xx

    http://mrsbeautyjunkie83.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, let me know how you get on! :)

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete
  3. Definitely will look out for this, thanks for the tip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you should, it's definitely worth trying it out! :)

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete
  4. At that price I think I may have to give one of these a go
    Beth x
    chroniccosmetics.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth it, so good for the price!

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete
  5. Great post, gonna be on ebay looking for this now.
    rumbielove.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Let me know how you get on! :)

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete
  6. ooh Im off too search ebay for some of these.
    Ive nominated you for Liebster Award check out
    http://beautygeekfashionchic.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/liebster-award-nominated-by-tanya.html
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea, it's definitely worth trying it out!
      Thanks sweetie, I'll go check it out now!

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete
  7. I love it! I have a dupe, and it's amazing the way it applies and blends foundation! You can truly see the difference as opposed to using a brush :) Thanks for this wonderful review. I browsed through the rest of your blog. I love it! Now following xo

    www.hudasbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, it applies your foundation much more flawlessly than what a brush does!
      Thanks so much! Going to check out your blog now! :)

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete
  8. I have just bought one of these too! I can't wait to use it now! Great post.

    Rachel x

    thedrugstorelife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good, you'll need to let me know how you get on with it! :)

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete
  9. Loved this!

    I've always wondered about these dupes, as an eBay addict myself this is now bound to happen.

    stonesgotstyle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! I didn't expect much when I bought it but I was super pleasantly surprised! :)

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete
  10. This is great :) I used to use a sponge before I discovered the buffing brush, but I am tempted to try this out :) Love ebay! xx

    meimeisays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's really good, definitely worth trying out! :)

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete
  11. I was also suspicious of the cheaper ebay dupes, but after reading this i'm definitely going to get one!

    I've followed you on gfc and bloglovin btw, check out my blog? :)
    http://bethsadventuresinwonderland.blogspot.co.uk/ xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I couldn't believe how good it was for the price! :)
      Aw, thanks so much! Going to check out your blog now! :)

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete
  12. Ooh this looks great, I'm a fellow ebay addict so I have to pick one up! I can't justify spending £16 on a sponge either! - now following :)
    inamakeupminute.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it! eBay is the best ;). I know, it's so expensive! Aw, thanks so much! Going to check out your blog now! :)

      Much love, Sarah.x

      Delete